Lake Lanier Islands Summer Sailing Camp for Young Sailors
Lake Lanier Summer Camp for kids 8 to 13 is happening again with the Lake Lanier Sailing School at Lord Nelson Charters. Our adventure based summer day camp sails from beautiful Lake Lanier Islands Resort and serves kids from Gwinnett County, North Fulton (Alpharetta, Roswell, Johns Creek), Hall County, Forsyth County and Atlanta.
The Lake Lanier Sailing Camp offers day campers the following sailing experience:
- Learn sailing terms and sailboat parts
- Learn to rig and sail their own sailboat
- Capsize sailboats (lots of fun!) and practice boater safety
- There is always lots of swimming, outdoor games and tons of water fun
- Sailing a three legged course and participate in sailboat races!
- Have fun sailing to and exploring deserted islands on Lake Lanier
- Learn some really cool knots
- Meet new friends and have a great time at Lake Lanier Islands Resort!
Summer Day Camp Sessions
Our Summer Day Camp sessions are 1 week long sessions and run from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Dates available for the 2016 camp are;
- July 25 through July 29, 2016…….. CAMP SPACE IS AVAILABLE
Summer camp enrollment is limited to 10 day campers per session with 1 sailing instructor and 1 assistant camp instructor. Summer Camp kids will sail 12 ft Sunfish sailboat with 2 kids per boat. One camper functions as the helmsman who steers the boat while the second camper is the Trimmer who trims the sails. Instructors supervise and coach from a motorized dinghy.
Summer camp kids must be capable swimmers and should bring a sack lunch. Afternoon snacks and drinks will be provided By Lord Nelson Charters.
Cost for Summer Camp for Kids from Alpharetta, Gwinnett, Atlanta and Hall County
Cost is $425.00 for the Kids Summer Camp Sailing from Lake Lanier Islands Resort.
Call 770-271-1888 for more information or to request your enrollment.