Bareboat Chartering 104: Sailing Lessons
Dream of chartering a sailing yacht in exotic locations? Plan on purchasing your own big sailboat for live-aboard or retirement sailing? If so, these are the sailing classes for you! Join us as we live-aboard a 40 to 50 ft cruising yacht in the British Virgin Islands or Florida and teach you the sailing skills needed to charter your own bare sailboat and safely cruise the world’s best sailing waters. These comprehensive lessons are designed to give you the sailing skills required by charter boat companies and can be tailored to fit your schedule and sailing vacation requirements.
Sailing Class Curriculum Includes:
- Planning and Provisioning – What should you bring and what should the charter company provide plus inside tips on how to save money. Checklists for all aspects of the sailboat and crew.
- Big Boat Systems – Learn about electrical and fuel systems, marine heads, VHF radios and how to trouble shoot a diesel engine about a sailboat.
- Sailing Navigation – Learn how to plot a course and calculate for wind and current to safely arrive at your destination.
- Seamanship – Build the confidence necessary for a safe and rewarding experience. Know when, where and how to anchor with confidence. Gain the knowledge required to handle emergencies like a pro.
Included in the sailing lessons:
- Cruising Fundamentals by Harry Mums – The official American Sailing Association textbook for Bareboat Chartering 104.
- Bareboat Charter workbook.
- Certification Award suitable for framing.
- Memories to last a lifetime!
Sailing Classes are offered as the following options:
- 3 day week-end class at Charlotte Harbor, Florida. Call or email for pricing.
- Sailing lessons can be scheduled privately and can be included with Bareboat Chartering 103 in Charlotte Harbor, Florida or the British Virgin Islands. Call for pricing.
*Sailing lessons price does not include airfare.