Coastal Cruising 103: Sailing Lessons
Advance your sailing skills and move up to big sailboat sailing with our Coastal Cruising 103 Sailing Class and Certification. These sailing lessons build on your basic sailing knowledge and give you training aboard our 30 -35 ft. sailing yachts featuring wheel steering, inboard diesel engines, navigation electronics and on board systems. BKB 101 Sailing Certification is a pre-requisite.
Sailing Class Certification includes:
- Coastal Cruising Made Easy – Official American Sailing Association BCC 103 Training Manual
- Gear and Equipment – Move up to roller furling, self tailing winches and wheel steering.
- Electronics – Learn how to use depth, speed and wind instruments, VHF radio and 12 volt DC systems.
- Onboard Systems – Head, pressurized water, propane stove and 110 volt shore power.
- Safety – Includes the safety harness, first aid, thru hull fitings and fire control.
- Rules of the Road and Navigation Lights – Use NOAA charts and learn COLREGS rules.
- Duties of the Skipper and Crew for docking, under sail and extended cruising.
- Weather – Learn about weather conditions and how to plan accordingly
- Seamanship – Includes anchoring, picking up a mooring and righting a boat aground. More knots!
Sailing Lessons are offered as the following options;
- 2 – one day sessions or 1 weekend session at our Lake Lanier Islands Resort Sailing School with Sailing Instruction and Certification on Lake Lanier.
Call for pricing and schedule.
- 3 day week-end class at Charlotte Harbor, Florida.
Call or email for pricing
Sailing Lessons can be scheduled privately and can be included with Bareboat Chartering 104 in Charlotte Harbor, Florida or the British Virgin Islands. Call for pricing.